Bruce Fordyce Route Tour 2017
Whether or not you have run Comrades before, getting a pre-race look at the route is immensely beneficial and a fundamental part of the service we offer prior to the gruelling Comrades Marathon.
CMA announced changes to the route. Comrades Marathon will return to the original up-run course through Pinetown without any detours and follow the traditional route from the start outside the Durban City Hall. There is also a change to the last 7 km, just after the top of Polly Shortts. A revised route will be followed to the new finish venue of Scottsville Racecourse.
According to CMA the route is similar to the one of the 1998 and 2000 Comrades Marathons, with a few minor tweaks. The 2017 Comrades up-run will be slightly shorter than the two most recent up-run routes. The 2013 route was 86.86km long while the 2015 route measured 87.72km.
Guests (runners, family and friends) will be taken on a preparatory drive along the route to be familiarized with all the bends, hills and straights that will be encounter during this epic race.
Why the bruce Fordyce Route Tour?
- This year is of particularly interest due to minor route changes|
- Get up close and personal with the legendary 9x winner - Bruce Fordyce
- Listen to invaluable tips and stories by this witty expert
- Luxury air-conditioned busses will be provided
- Stretch your legs at the Comrades Wall of Honour along the Comrades Marathon route that verlooks the breath-taking Valley of a Thousand Hills.
- We will take a short break and visit the children at the Ethembeni School. Please remember donations are really welcome.
- Refreshments and a delicious snack hamper will be provided.
- Children under the age of 12 years will be free..
Book early to secure your space for the 2017 Bruce Fordyce Comrades Marathon After Party.
|Price per person
|| R950.00 per person – book on the website
||BF Route Tour # 1
||Friday, 2 June 2017
||Approximately 4 hours
Book now to secure your space for the 2017 Comrades Marathon Route Tour.