Race Day Support Marquees
Complete Marathons are thrilled to provide fully equipped Race Day Support Marquees to all novice and professional athletes competing in the 2018 Comrades Marathon. These marquees are strategically positioned along the race route, allowing runner’s access to their pre-packed items and supplements (gels, protein shakes, snacks, sunblock, replacement socks, bandages …). Each Support Marquee allows athletes to replenish failing energy levels and get back on the road feeling stronger and ready for the challenging feat ahead.
The advantages of purchasing our Race Day Support Package include:
- Not feeling weighed down by having to carry items whilst running.
- Highly visible support marquees positioned strategically along the race route.
- Support Marquee #1 is located at Exit 61 to R103 Umlaas Road – GPS co-ordinates 29°43'16.4"S 30°29'57.4"E.
- Support Marquee #2 is located at the top of Inchanga – Cnr. Old Main Road & Irene Street, Outer West Durban – GPS co-ordinates 29°44'37.3"S 30°40'38.8"E
- Support Marquee #3 is located at 68 Old Main Road, Kloof – GPS co-ordinates 29°47'30.7"S 30°49'23.1"E.
- Access to personal pre-packed race items.
- You can plan your race with added confidence, knowing the location of each Support Marquee.
- Exclusive ablution facilities! This is especially important for our ladies and these facilities are available for Complete Marathons Race Day Support Marquee runners only! This year we have secured VIP trailers!
How Does the Day Support Marquee Work?
PRE RACE DAY:
- Participating athletes drop off their required race items at The Hilton Hotel – Durban from Thursday, 7 June 2018 to Saturday, 9 June 2018. The desk will be open between 10am – 4pm.
- The items will be placed into numbered, colour coded bags for each of the support marquees.
- The athlete is provided with an identity bracelet to assist the Race Support Crew in allocating the bag once the athlete approaches the marquee.
- Access your personal items during the race at one or all of our marquee points, with the aid of Race Support Crew.
POST RACE DAY: Athletes collect post-race items (including the bags as complimentary keepsakes) at the Hilton Hotel Durban between 9.00 am and 11.00 am.
Book early to secure your space for 2018 Comrades Marathon. R750.00
|Price per person
||R750.00 per person, 3 X Marquee – book on the website
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/completemarathonssa